PEOPLE EMPOWERING PEOPLE
As one of our valued front-line Health Care Aide (Certified or Uncertified) in our Designated Supportive Living Facility, Stone Brook, you will work directly with Residents with diverse needs by encouraging opportunities for independence, well-being, and inclusion. Care Human Services, is an accredited, not-for-profit, charitable organization that provides a wide range of community services in Northwest Alberta.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the provision of personal care of Residents
- Utilize the Resident's Care Plan developed by a Registered Nurse
- Provide individualized care to Level 3, Level 4 and Level 4D Dementia Residents
- Collaborate as a member of a health care team
- Deliver consistent quality care to meet the needs of the Residents
- Completing documentation that is consistent with Care Human Services' policies and procedures
- Care Human Services supports Residents 24/7, these positions are rotation based, and shifts occur all day and throughout the night
Our work sites are home to therapeutic animals, including cats and dogs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Health Care Aide Certificate; preferred but not mandatory
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Must be 18 years old to apply.
WHO YOU ARE
- High level of communication and observation skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be caring and compassionate, with a passion to make a difference in the community
- We are looking for someone who can work with a variety of different shifts/schedules
- Critical thinker and able to use common sense when presented with a high stress situation.
- Post-secondary education is any area of Human Services would be an asset and previous experience working in a similar role is highly advantageous, but not essential.
- Full-Time - averaging 40 hours per week with a set rotation
- Part-Time - averaging 20 hours per week with a set rotation
- Casual - no set schedule, employee puts in offers for open shifts
BENEFITS YOU WILL GET
- Opportunities for professional development, include workshops and specialty training